Thursday, October 18, 2012



Day 1: Consumption
Not having a great deal of time or money available to spend on shopping sprees, I don’t feel like I should have a hard time making commitment to not buy anything this week.  But as soon as I say I’m not going to do it, of course, I want to. All of a sudden, I need new jeans, the “7” key on my cell phone doesn’t work, and my inbox is flooded with coupons for Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  So many things!  I was able to talk myself out of buying anything this week by visiting the Stuff Swap in the Common Room.  But, even there, I found myself suddenly “needing” the most random things.  I picked up a couple of jars, just in case...I might need them...maybe they’ll come in handy.  And a mini crock pot! How exciting! And how incredibly useless (sorry if you were the kind donor of the crock pot)!  It’s big enough to hold about half a ladle of soup, but I’m sure I will find a fantastic use for it, after it sits in my cabinet for a few years.  Some books, a bag, and a few more of those handy jars, and my spree was complete.

Somehow, I think I lost the main point of resisting the compulsion to accumulate stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment